Hawaii COVID-19 Update
COVID-19 EMERGENCY ALERT
Expect Delays When Releasing Your Pet at the Airport Animal Quarantine Holding Facility*
- COVID-19 mitigation procedures have increased the time for pet releases. Additional, extended delays are also created when pet owners do not submit their paperwork 10 days or more before arrival and have their documents reviewed at the AAQHF.
NOTICE: It may not be possible to release these cases on arrival.
June 29, 2020
Effective July 1, 2020, the Animal Quarantine Station (Station) in Halawa Valley will open for visiting by pet owners.
Owners who have pets in quarantine, will abide by the following procedures to visit pets:
Owner to check in at window, no visiting by owners still under 14 -day post travel quarantine restriction.
- Mask or fabric face covering shall be worn while at the Station.
- Owners will abide by 6’ spacing for social distancing as marked on the floor.
- Visitors will be issued a pass to enter facility.
- Visitors will wait at designated floor marking until advised by entry/exit gate employee either to enter or exit, to prevent congestion in gated area.
- Three visitors is the maximum number allowed at one time (includes kids). The rest of a group more than 3 individuals must wait outside at curb away from entry way, till someone from their party comes out.
- All visitors must be in kennel with pet, no standing outside of kennel.
- Visits may be limited to 15 minutes when the Station exceeds capacity to allow for safe social distancing.
- Adherence to these procedures is mandatory. Violators will be asked to leave the premises and will not be allowed further visitation.
To reach the quarantine station staff, call (808) 483-7151 or email email@example.com